Well, we're bracing for another snowstorm. It's supposed to start Friday afternoon and last through Saturday. Sounds like the nineteenth of December, no? Time to go buy some groceries. I will not have any guilt about calling off work on Saturday if necessary. Same mantra as before: thirteen shifts missed in ten years. If they have any brains whatsoever, they will just close down for the day.
Then there is the downside, which is being stuck in the house with Julie until we can dig out. Cleo and Elaine are in Chicago for some sort of convention. Julie is scared of this concept, and made them get separate hotel rooms. Trust me, Julie, Cleo is NOT interested in Elaine!
My mood has been swinging like crazy for the last two days. I worked the late shift last night, which was fine, except for the snow we had last night. It made driving a bitch coming home, but by this morning it was merely wet pavement.
As usual, my thoughts are: I need to go out more. But I'm scared to go out more. I won't make any new friends or meet Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now unless I go out. But what do I have to offer any potential boyfriends. I need a new job. But what can I do? I don't have the skills to do anything else. You know, the usual. The kind of thing I think of when walking. I want to get out more once spring arrives; I want to see how things are at Freddie's on Saturday nights now that they don't have karaoke. I might also want to hit other places.
My eating has been pretty much in check for the last couple of days (1650 and 1750 calories). The test will be tomorrow, when I am off. But I know that I have to get my cholesterol and weight back down.
I am getting my taxes done tomorrow. If I get a decent refund, I am replacing the TV in my living room. It is ten years old; I bought it with my cashed-out vacation pay that I got when I left Hecht's. Although it still works, it is hard to watch movies on it. And in my bedroom (where I have a newer television with a better picture), it is hard to watch movies in my bed without assuming a funny position. I might or might not; we'll see.
Back in August, Julie and I were supposed to go see "Humpday" in the theatre, but she had to bail because she didn't have a way to get to Tysons to meet me, so I went by myself. I have been pressuring her to get it on her Netflix since it first was released on DVD in November. Well, after all this time, it arrived today, so we watched it.
Naturally, since I chose it, she started complaining about it half an hour in. But she did admit that it got better as the movie progressed. But I'm glad she was willing to get it with her Netflix; I don't know if your standard video store would rent it, and I didn't want to buy it. And Instinct never had a giveaway for it.
So tomorrow, it is the day to do all of those unpleasant chores before I am stuck in the house for who knows how long. Once again, they are saying a foot or more of snow.
Sheesh; no sooner do we get rid of the snow from December that we get a refill. Nature is a mother.
So right now, my mood is okay. How it is in the next few days remains to be seen.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment