Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Declawing Myself For Tonight.

In case you were interested, I am in a better mood tonight. Julie, however, has not fared very well.

Last night, as I went to bowling, I got a text message that someone had broken into her car and taken her GPS. And, as if that weren't bad enough, a couple of the idiot lights came on this morning. She called me at work today, asking me if I could give her a ride home. I said to meet me at the Subway at Tysons and I would give her a ride home, and we would stop at the Giant.

If you are looking for some snarky comment or catty retort about this, you aren't going to find it here. I know that I tend to go on a bit about Julie, but I only do that sort of thing when something happens that is a direct result of a stupid decision she makes. In this case, she did not have anything to do with some asshole breaking into her car, and she has kept up with the maintenance on her car. So all of this is just dumb luck.

After work yesterday, and after being cooped up in the house for so many days, I was glad to hit the bowling alley last night. Jeff decided to wuss out and not come, but Hub found a substitute in the form of his ex-boyfriend Chuck. I asked Hub if I could give him the money for him to order a new t-shirt for me. I told him that the soda stain, much like Cleo, refuses to come out, even after three washings. He asked me if I was doing better. I wasn't sure at that point, but things went okay. I bowled three games that ran the gamut: 141, 99, and 119, averaging about 119, which was above my average. So that made things a little bit better.

Today was okay, and I came home to find that I had won the most recent giveaway from Instinct. Again. I am not entering this week's contest; it's theatre tickets, and you have to be in the New York City area to win. But I would really like to know if I am the only one who enters these contests. I also got a CD I had ordered today. Of course, I also got my car payment bill, but I only have 51 payments left to go!

But that is what is going on in the always-dull world of Eric. But I wanted to give an update so that people know that my lousy Valentine's Day mood has passed. I am heading to bed. I don't know why, but I have been so tired lately. I have been collapsing into bed, but waking up exhausted. I know I have been sleeping, since I have been having all of these whacked-out dreams. I guess I have to look at the bright side; at least they can be entertaining sometimes.

Eric Out.

No comments: