And while I am being killed softly with snow, let's talk more about it. By the way, has anyone noticed that the less I have to talk about, the more frequent these blog posts get? Just asking.
We have been upgraded to a blizzard warning. That makes three blizzards in two months. But with the Weather Channel on (natch), I can see the back end of the storm.
The accumulation of snow this time hasn't been that bad; the wind, however, is a bitch. The angels are now both pooping and farting. It must have been Mexican Night in Heaven's cafeteria yesterday.
As has become my routine, after eating breakfast (a bagel that I had bought yesterday), I grabbed the shovel, and started digging. Like I said, it wasn't bad. But I got a nice surprise when digging, when a shovelful of snow revealed a corner of a yellow plastic bag. My newspaper actually got delivered! When one has OCD as badly as I do, disruptions to one's routine are a problem. I went onto the website and submitted a complimentary email to them.
In spite of the horrid wind and blowing snow, after I shoveled, I took my paper and hiked up to Burger King, which was closed. Safeway, however, was open, and they have fountain sodas. So I bought one (somehow keeping myself away from the donuts), and parked it.
I then asked the manager if I could go get a refill. The manager actually had to think about it before deciding that while it normally wasn't allowed, I could do it, because of the weather. Thanks, and why did you have to think about it, buddy? Think about this: first, they charge $1.09 for a 21-ounce soft drink. The soda I drink will probably cost 1/20th of one cent. The main cost of this drink would be the cup. So even if I drank Diet Coke until my bladder exploded, they would still make a profit. Add to this that I actually asked. I am sure that other people fill a soda and refill it about three times while doing their grocery shopping, then they either pay for it or conveniently "forget" to do so. So thanks for the refill.
Looking at the seven-day outlook, they are calling for a "few snow showers" on Monday. Of course, this is what they were predicting a few days ago for today. Uh oh, here we go with another round.
Of course, dealing with this weather didn't keep our stupid governor from issuing an executive order overturning a ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation for state employees. But that's what we get for electing a bigot. Normally, I don't get into politics on here (this is largely a personal blog), but it had to be said.
Julie has been a condescending cow all morning. She told me that I was "nuts" for going walking in spite of the weather (I told her about keeping my girlish figure), and then she started with me about my cell phone. Since my minutes died out, even though I reloaded, I can't get incoming calls. It is time to replace my cell phone, and I know this. But when I got home, she started with "you are paying for a service that doesn't work?" I told her not to start, and I didn't need it. I then came downstairs, turned on the radio, and am now trying to ignore the fact that everything I shoveled this morning is now piled up again, and I have to go out later in this wind to take care of it.
And if we have a community shoveling party today, you bet your bippy I will be there for it.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment