Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beth's Boyfriend Is A Jerk!

We will get to the events leading to the title of this entry a little later. First, let's have a little gripe session about my satellite radio service.

As you know, I have been a very happy subscriber to XM Radio for a year and a half. The monthly charge to my credit card has been well worth it, having a lot of really great music to choose from. Last night, as I wrote in this blog, I was happily listening to Audio Visions, which was the New Age channel on XM 77. Audio Visions was my favorite station to listen to when I am in my pajamas, under the Elmo blanket, and trying to relax before heading

But you might have noticed that I said that it was the New Age channel, and was my favorite station to listen to while relaxing. I plugged my XM radio into my car, and imagine my surprise when channel 77 was suddenly a classical station, called "Sirius XM Pop." I started flipping to some of the channels I liked, and discovered that Chrome (the disco channel) was gone completely, and some other channels had changed names (XM Hitlist, for example, is now "Pop2K"). 

After walking, I came home and looked at the new lineup on the computer. Now, I knew that XM and Sirius had merged and all that, but it was still a shock to find this had happened overnight, with no warning at all. And I really don't understand why this was done on a Wednesday. A look at the new channel lineup gave me the information that the New Age channel (which, for whatever reason, is now called "Spa") is now on channel 72. There is no disco channel, and one of the dance channels (The System) is also completely gone. With all of this, I was hoping that Sirius OutQ (the gay talk channel) would find its way to XM, but this was not the case.

Beth and I had talked on Sunday about meeting up today, but I hadn't heard anything from her. But she contacted me through the computer and I went over to her house. When I got there, her loser boyfriend was there as well, but he was supposedly going to work. The call never came from his boss, so he spent the entire afternoon hovering over us, not even letting Beth and me go to the mailbox together. I had not been too keen on him before, but after tonight, I am even less thrilled with him. Let's do a bulleted list of what I don't like about him:
  • He cannot say a sentence without using the words "shit" or "fuck" in some form.
  • He did not let me finish a single sentence, especially when I was talking to Beth.
  • He smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish. He was drinking a beer while driving, and tried to mask it with orange flavored tic tacs. And by the time dinner was over, I smelled like an ashtray, and he smelled like a screwdriver.
  • He is clearly freeloading off Beth and her dad.
So the three of us went to the porn store (I bought nothing), and we went out to dinner (at Chili's), where they both had several drinks. When the bill came, and they had an issue over money, they had an argument, which really upset Beth. I just told her via IM that if he ever upsets her like that again, I'm going to cut his dick off. Probably not really, but that is how I feel.

So I drove home from there, and got myself comfy. After a generally crappy day, I am now dreading going back to work. I had a dream last night where I was driving my car and couldn't control it, and was swerving all over. Sounds pretty symbolic, no?

Eric Out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is not my boyfriend.

Eric said...

Sorry, Beth. It's simply semantics. What would you prefer I call him?

afexion8 said...

well, whoever he is, I don't think I would like him either!

Eric said...

Thank you! Always good to hear from you on my blog!