The big dinner is now done. And it accomplished nothing.
After publishing my blog entry yesterday, Cleo came downstairs and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. Since I had nothing to do except sit there and listen to the radio, I said yes, and we went to Fair Oaks.
It was somewhat heartening to see that the mall was fairly crowded. Their holiday decorations are all up now, and if last year was any indication, they will be up until mid-January. We strolled around the mall for a few laps, dodging the shoppers. I hope that the crowds will translate to a better holiday than the doomsayers are predicting.
After we got back (with Cleo having been summoned back to his prison by Warden Julie), I got myself together so I could go to Maggiano's. I was the first to arrive, but was quickly joined by the others. My boss had already ordered everything, and I would like to think I didn't do as badly as I might have with my eating: I mostly ate salad, but did have some of the pasta. Unfortunately, I also got a couple of doughnuts on the way home. But I went into dinner with only 780 calories eaten and with extra walking.
Even still, I had a food hangover and felt queasy. I think a lot of it might be due to the sodium in the food, because I started to feel better after I had drunk a bottle and a half of water. To mitigate yesterday, I have eaten about 1510 calories today, so if that continues, I should be fine.
I just wish that there wasn't so much pressure put on me to eat. If I had been left to my own devices, I might have done better, but they kept on bringing out more and more food, and I felt pressured to eat more than I wanted to. I only hope that I can get back on track for a while.
Work was mixed, mostly because of a certain co-worker (and we all know who) was being a moody so-and-so all day. But I will not let the behavior of others determine my work ethic. That is not what I do.
I did, however, see Diane a little bit tonight. I hadn't talked to her in a while, and she only had a little bit of stock to put out at Target, so we sat in the snack bar and caught up. I burned her a CD tonight for her upcoming drive home for Thanksgiving, so she should enjoy that. We are scheduled for kabobs on Thursday night. I hope my kobeeda doesn't have another bone in it. I have to remember that I have been eating there for over a year, and this hasn't happened before. So I doubt it will happen again.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment