Friday, November 7, 2008

Once Again...What A Week!

I am off this weekend, which is nice, since I have done nearly two weeks' worth of work in nine days. I kicked off my weekend off with a trip to the kabob place, but I will be reconsidering eating a kobeeda there again, since I found a chicken bone in tonight's. So I might be sticking with just a chicken kabob from her on. We'll see.

I certainly earned my money during the past two days at work, as it was absolutely chaotic. There was absolutely NO chance whatsoever of my picking up my Fucking Cartier Pen yesterday or today.

I have not seen, heard from, or talked to Justin since Tuesday morning, when he called me and asked me if I voted. I think that now that the fat lady has had three days to rest after Obama took Ohio, I think she is warming up with my relationship. His MySpace page still lists himself as "in a relationship," but it took him so long to change it from "single" that that means nothing. I think the fact that he has gone from calling me three times a day to not calling me at all makes more of a statement. In an email to my friends Phil and Keith, I wondered if it is over and neither of us wants to say it.

I was glad to be a part of history this week, seeing Barack Obama winning the presidency. It was also nice, for the first time in twelve years, to vote for the winning candidate. I think that my computer needs to update its spell-checker now, since it still flags our new President's name as a spelling error. 

I don't know why, but I am really looking forward to my Morning Civility tomorrow. When I am on my way to work, I always feel like I have to rush through the newspaper before walking, but when I walk first and don't have anyplace I have to go afterward, I can just relax, read the paper, and do my crossword puzzle while drinking diet soda until I get too jittery and cold to sit still. Of course, too many days off and I get antsy and bored, but after a hard week it is nice to just chill out.

Of course, I am glad to have a job, as stressful as it has been lately. And I am worried about how the economy will affect my employment. I hope that I can get some additional marketable skills just in case they send me packing. After the holidays are done, I am still looking to enroll in some computer classes. Perhaps I should watch a couple of episodes of "Jerry Springer" and get some brochures about trade schools.

I am doing my usual thing of staggering loads of laundry across several days. Tonight I wash my hanging loads, then tomorrow at some point will find me laundering my dryer loads. I should be cleared out of the laundry room before Cleo has to do laundry. 

Tomorrow is Julie's birthday party. She has been trying to get me to get a certain dish when we go to the restaurant, but I don't know if I will even eat. A couple of years ago, we had a similar birthday lunch, and I just had an appetizer. I got razzed by Julie, but I was finally starting to lose enough weight for it to show, so I just ignored her. If I choose not to eat, opting instead for a drink, I hope she will understand and still be happy that I was there to be sociable. A report will follow in my next entry.

Eric Out.

No comments: