There. I said it and I'm glad. Buying songs and browbeating the composers into letting her claim authorship is reprehensible. Thanks to BC Jean (who wrote "If I Were A Boy"), she was exposed. Hopefully her album sales will drop off as a result and she and her enormous ass will fade into obscurity.
And anyway, what the hell kind of name is "Beyoncé" anyway? What's next, a one-named singer named "Chalaza"?
I am extremely glad that I am off tomorrow. Justin and I will be meeting at Tysons tomorrow, and then going to the movies with my dad (as reported in the last entry). Then it is one more day of work, then I have the next two days off.
Then the holiday season goes into full swing. If you have read last year's entries, you know that I spent a lot of text counting down the shifts until Christmas. After Thanksgiving, there will be twenty shifts. I got my schedule for December today, and trust me, it's going to be ugly. I guess I should be glad that I have a job, though. I will just get through it one day at a time.
There are a couple of things hanging over my head this year. First, I mentioned before that Kyle is kicking us all to the curb for Christmas and just celebrating with Kari and Josie. So I don't know what I will be doing for Christmas. I don't know what Diane will be doing, and I am loath to spend the day with Bette and my father. They do nothing whatsoever but fight, and I really don't want that sort of thing to be my memories of Christmas of 2008.
More about Christmas: one of the good memories of last year's Christmas Eve and Christmas was listening to the "Special XMas" on the satellite radio. Thanks to the XM/Sirius merger, I won't have this station this year. I looked at the holiday channels online, and there is no channel for irreverent holiday songs this year. In the words of Cartman from "South Park," I do believe this sucks ass. I can't stand Christmas music anyway, so "Special XMas" was a great diversion. Yet another cross to bear.
Sheesh, I am just a big ray of sunshine tonight, aren't I? I can take some relief in that I have now kept the calories in check for three days now, finishing today out at about 1700 calories. I don't know if Justin will want to eat at the Broiler tomorrow, but if he does, there goes the diet. The Broiler is not exactly known for health food; my father refers to their food as "glop sandwiches." This is true, but they are darn good glop sandwiches.
I had to change comforters yesterday, putting the flannel one on my bed. It has gotten so cold that it became necessary. Of course, it makes it really nice under the covers that it took a lot to get out of bed to go walking this morning. At least tomorrow I will have the incentive to get out of bed; I have to pick up a much-needed stocking cap from the cleaners, and then it is on with the day.
I am going to sign off and unplug my satellite radio so it can go with me in the car tomorrow, and then watch "A Colbert Christmas," provided I can stay awake until eleven tonight.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment