Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Media Overload

I am sitting here typing this blog while listening to new age music on my XM and watching the election returns on CNN with the sound off. Right at this moment, Obama is leading with 174 electoral votes to McCain's 49. We'll see how this progresses. Although this is normally a pretty much apolitical blog, I voted for Obama. Big surprise. Any gay person who would vote for McCain is the poster child for self-hatred.

I wasn't scheduled to work until 10:30 this morning, and I had told Julie and Cleo that I would be getting up at the ass-crack of dawn to walk the mile and change to my polling place. Julie suggested instead that I ride to the polls with her, since she would be wanting to go there as soon as the polls opened as well. I guess it is better that way; it was still dark outside. Had I been off (and I wish I were), I could have gone at my leisure.

When we got there, it was shortly before six, and there were about two hundred people in line. I was very impressed with how well organized they were. Julie and I were in and out in the space of less than forty-five minutes. I wore my "I VOTED" sticker all day as a badge of honor.

Julie then dropped me off at the house, and went to work. I ate a bowl of oatmeal and then went to work, doing my usual walking (only without weights).

I have eaten way too much lately, so it was good to get myself back on track today, with under 1500 calories for the day. I hope to keep it up. But yesterday I went to Freddie's with Justin for an honest-to-goodness date night. I tried to keep things reasonable by having a club sandwich. It would have been fine had I not eaten a couple of doughnuts on the way home. We hung out there (Freddie's is very quiet on Mondays) until I left at about nine; I didn't really want to watch the football game, but it was nice to have dinner with Justin.

Whoops! John McCain is now up to 64 electoral votes. I really shouldn't be so nervous; I did my part by voting. The rest is up to everyone else in the country.

One of my co-workers was off today, but I found it funny that my other two co-workers and I wore clothes to declare who we voted for: one of them wore a red sweater, and the other one and I wore blue shirts. 

I have pre-ordered a DVD copy of the movie I just saw in the theaters on Sunday. And to make sure I got free shipping, I also pre-ordered the new Britney Spears CD. I don't know if I should be spending the money, but I wanted both of them, and the CD was $9.99. I don't think it will get any cheaper than that.

I am a little antsy, so I am signing off. My next entry will either be one of celebration or upset.

Eric Out.

No comments: