Monday, November 24, 2008

Something Must Be Working

After all of the times spent eating too much on my days off and then not eating a lot on my work days, I was sure that I had blimped up considerably. I felt kind of bad last night, having some major constipation issues, so I used a suppository.

Having cleaned my system out, this morning I stepped on the scale. I had last weighed myself four weeks ago, and I was at 154 pounds. I was surprised and relieved that I was at 154.5 pounds today. Half a pound in four weeks is acceptable. And it might be due to fluctuation. 

This meant that I probably won't have to go down to 151.5 pounds after all, as what I am doing is working. That's good, since I had a cheat day, which went with the territory of spending the day with Justin.

I put the traffic report on to find that there had been an accident on the Toll Road, so I decided to do the Morning Civility thing at the Burger King near my house. I also had to pick up a stocking cap I had taken to the dry cleaners, so that got done as well. I really needed that hat today, too; it was bitterly cold this morning.

The traffic had not yet cleared on the Toll Road by the time I was done, so I went to Tysons by another route and got there at 9:30. I walked for an hour (without my weights), and it was very weird walking when the stores are actually open. This is why I jettisoned my weights; I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself. Once that was done, I was poking around Barnes & Noble when Justin called me and told me he had just woken up and would be there late. My father also called me and wanted to eat lunch with us at The Broiler. 

Eventually, Justin made it to the mall, where we both got into my car, and went to my parents' house. Bette had their car, so Justin took the back seat and my father got into the front seat of my car, and we went to the sub place and the theatre. 

This was the first time going to a movie that Justin and I did not sit in the back row. I wanted so much to put my arm around him, but I couldn't with my father present. Instead we were stuck sitting shoulder to shoulder for the movie. The movie was pretty good. It is typical James Bond: unnecessary frills like plot and dialogue are omitted so that they have more time to have car chases and violence. 

Once the movie was over, I asked if I could come in to the house to say hi to Bette. My father resisted this idea, saying that we might want to head out. I insisted, and we came in. Bette was, as to be expected, cold to us. I just have to remember that it is her problem, not ours.

Justin and I went back to Tysons and putzed around a little before heading out. It was nice to spend a day with him, and I was sad to part ways. But we are meeting on Wednesday for bingo. And since I fronted him the money for his lunch today, he is buying me my $5 burger. And since I fronted him the money for our dinner with my parents in September, he is buying me my kabob next week. I finally get to spend the night with him next Monday. 

So for the most part, I had a good day. I hope tomorrow is a little calmer than the weekend was, but we will see.

Eric Out.

No comments: