Sometimes I wonder if my father will ever face up to reality.
It has become a tradition that whenever a new James Bond movie is released, we go see it together. He called me earlier this week to suggest we go see "Quantum of Solace" now that it is in the theatre.
I called him tonight, and we were discussing trying to arrange to see it, suggesting that he, Justin, and I go see it on Monday since we are all off. During this conversation, I mentioned that I would be seeing Justin next Thursday after we are done at Kyle and Kari's. My father asked me if Justin would be at dinner with us. I said no, he was working, but it may eventually come to the point where it will be all of us together, with Justin included. Noticing the uncomfortable silence on the telephone, I decided to dig a little further and reminded him that it had been over nine months, and at this point in his and Bette's relationship, they were already married. He was very uncomfortable with the direction this conversation was going, and got off the phone.
I don't know what it is going to take for him to deal with this: Justin and I are in a relationship. I don't know how much more blunt I can be; do I have to give Justin a blow job right in front of him and Bette to realize what this is?
Changing topics, work was chaotic today, but at least the day went by quickly. I ate about 1700 calories today; it could have been less (to make up for the last two days), but I gave back 700 calories today. If I can continue this for the next couple of days, I will have balanced it out.
It was also nice to come home and find that my issues of Out and Reader's Digest were waiting for me. Those should make for some good reading this weekend at work, if I have time.
I don't know why I am tired, but I am. It is only 8:20 as I write this, but I am ready to call it a night. I shouldn't be, but here I am. Let's think good thoughts and everyone have a good night.
Eric Out.
1 comment:
okay, time for another dumb comment from me. I'm guessing your Dad KNOWS, but just doesn't have anything to SAY about it. Or he is afraid he will say the WRONG thing, whatever he says. So...if he doesn't say "oh GOD not JUSTIN again" then...just let it be. Carry on as usual, and spend your precious neurons worrying about something else.
I hope that was worth 2 cents.
Lois
Post a Comment