Let's put the second post of the day into the font known as "Times."
After publishing my last entry, Julie, Cleo, and her friend Terra were here, and invited me to lunch. I told them that since we would be eating dinner, I would join them with a drink, but would not be eating. So the four of us went to an Italian restaurant.
As I mentioned before, Julie is in her vegetarian stupidity. So she ordered the day's special, which was Gnocchi Gorgonzola. She noticed hard bits in her lunch, and asked. The waiter came back and told her that those were tiny bits of crab shell, since it was made with fresh crab meat. Naturally, like everywhere else we ever go, she made a scene. I wonder if she realizes how embarrassing she is. It was taken off her check, but I am sure we will never hear the end of it.
When that little episode was over, I retreated back to the Batcave, put the satellite radio back on, and shortly after that, Cleo came down and asked me for a ride to an auto repair place where he had taken his car earlier this morning. I took him there, and went to Target for a pretzel, just to get away from everybody for a little while longer.
I then came home and hid downstairs, emerging at about 5:30. Terra and Julie were not there, and Cleo and I went to the vegetarian Chinese restaurant. I looked at the menu, and ordered steamed whole wheat dumplings, and a vegetarian version of California Roll known as Rainbow Roll. I can't imagine that I ate a lot of calories for dinner (considering eight pieces of California Roll has about 260 calories), so I had a bowl of pudding for dinner. I am estimating about 2400 calories consumed for the day. That is acceptable, according to the website.
The guest list included Julie's mom Tova, Terra, Julie's cousin Laurie, a co-worker, and her fiancee. Nice group.
Right now, Terra and Cleo are working on a role-playing game character for Cleo, Julie is on the computer, and I have showered, and am now in my pajamas, and I will be going to bed soon. I hope I don't get jarred awake by my anxieties at four in the morning tomorrow as well; I don't have any more laundry to do.
But I am now quite tired. I hope that things go smoothly tomorrow with my dad, and that my work goes smoothly as well in the coming week. This is mostly the anxiety that is keeping me awake at night.
I hope that I didn't upset Justin by balking at going out tonight. I told him (via text message) that I had been up since four in the morning and wouldn't be very good company tonight that late, since he didn't get off work until 10:30 (and they might ask him to stay a little later). I haven't heard from him. We'll see.
Eric Out (again).
2 comments:
Wow, you had a very busy day. Aa you were talking about Julie, I remembered some people I work with that a vegetarians, and vegans. I don't mind there life style, but I always feel like everyone has to pay because of it. If we order pizza, i can't have cheese, we always have to make sure that there is not meat or meat products when we order. It's so annoying.....
You just summarized my life with Julie. When I enter the house most of the time, I am treated to the dulcet aroma of synthetic meat products mingling with the stench of self-righteousness.
Post a Comment