From the Fucking Cartier Pen, from 3:40-4:15 pm:
It is about time that, usually on Sunday at work, that I begin to get antsy. I have about 2 1/2 hours left in the day, and since I brought the Fucking Cartier Pen in, here are some random jottings.
It gets like this on a Sunday because I don't get a lunch break, all of the paperwork has long since been completed, I am between books, and the two crosswords are complete and in the trash.
I am off tomorrow, and that wouldn't be a bad thing, but Julie slipped and mentioned that she is off as well. So I am setting my alarm to get up early so I can be out of the house before she gets up.
What I do after walking is beyond me. I have to make sure I stay out of the house until at least three or four, or she will want to do something, or make demands on my time. I should go somewhere and try to broaden my horizons, but the last time I did that was last week, and was a total bust. However, perhaps a solo trip to the Smithsonian might be a good idea. Or perhaps the zoo.
The last time I was [at the Smithsonian] was in early March with Justin. Speaking of him, he decided to call me at 6:45 this morning. Granted, I needed to get up in a few minutes anyway, but what if I had wanted to sleep a little later? And why does he still think he can call me at these odd hours? At least it wasn't at 3:45 in the morning like he did on Black Friday. I have noticed that even though I don't call him, he calls me almost every day. This morning he started banging the drum about buying me a car. Does he even listen to me when I refer to him as my "ex"-boyfriend?
But for now, I am still bored and fidgety, but at least I am earning money while being so. I absolutely must remember to take this pen home with me; or at least put it in my locker. Like I said when I last hid it, it is too expensive to keep it here, and I don't want to wait 5 1/2 more years until I get one from the company.
So here we are again. I don't know if I will go anywhere in DC, as finding a parking space at a Metro station is a bitch on Monday. My day wore on, and while I was "between books" when I wrote the stuff above, I plowed into the book I brought with me today. It is called "Men Who Love Men", but there is no way in this current work climate that I am leaving that book lying around without some kind of disguise. So I grabbed a dust jacket from "Design Flaws of the Human Condition" and that is what people will see if they look at my shelf at work.
I have managed to avoid overeating today, finishing at 1600 calories. My eating has been okay, I guess. But I need to just pay attention and watch what I eat. This is also why I MUST go do something tomorrow, or else I will eat. I know myself better that not to.
Eric Out
No comments:
Post a Comment