Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Boredom-Inspired Poetry

I worked the late shift tonight, and it got quiet enough to pull out the Fucking Cartier Pen and write the following:

"Before I See Josie Again: Another Original Poem"

Pigs taking wings to fly from the sty
Queen Elizabeth abdicating
The US Treasury issuing Yen
Or Pope Benedict XVI fornicating

Peace reigning in the middle east
Tané Cain having another hit song
Someone new drawing "Peanuts" again
Bill O'Reilly admitting he's wrong

Eating a dozen chocolate chip cookies
And gaining no weight at all
Getting an invite to Kari's family events
And not having my back to the wall

Julie being able to locate her keys
And not complaining all day
And speaking in a reasonable volume
Having positive things to say

I don't know how these will happen
And I sure couldn't tell you when
But you can be sure they will all take place 
Before I ever see Josie again.

I am also a little bit cheesed off at the fact that my XM radio isn't getting a signal on the boombox anymore. But that is something I will have to deal with another day. My eating has been all right since I got back to work after that stretch of days; I just wish I could keep it going on my days off as well. 

So I am signing off. I am rather tired, but I wanted to get this stupid poem here so I don't have my notes from it lying around. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow.

Eric Out.

No comments: