Yesterday was essentially okay at work: people were very excited about the new car. I guess people can be happy for someone who buys something expensive when they are not the ones making payments on it.
After the day, though, I decided that it was time to force myself back to Freddie's. After trying to talk myself out of it (my thoughts were: I will probably be sitting by myself waiting for Justin, who would not be walking through the door), I sat myself down in the car and went there.
I made one decision on the way there: I sat at the bar instead of a table. I was sitting between two men, one of which asked me if it was okay if he smoked. I said no, that this was a place that allowed it, so it was no problem. We started talking a little bit before introducing ourselves; his name was Rick. I had a turkey burger, and we chatted. I was quite honest: I told him that I was more comfortable up on the stage singing karaoke than having a one-on-one conversation. He seemed to roll with it.
He got a phone call from a friend of his named Rebecca, and once he got off the phone with her, told me that she would be coming over. She arrived, and we were introduced. She was a realtor, and she showed me an ad for a house she was selling. I noticed her last name, and it rang a bell. I asked her if she went to my high school, and she did, and I told her that back int 1986-1987 school year (she was a senior, I was a freshman), she and I had side-by-side lockers. I told her my full name, and she remembered me.
Normally, I don't like to remember anything about high school, but in this case, I would make an exception. Rebecca was one of the few people who was actually nice to me back then. I told her this. Small world, eh?
We chatted a little longer before they left, and I left shortly afterward. I was getting tired, so I didn't even bother singing. But it shows that I actually can have a conversation in a gay bar, and have someone talk to me. So that was cool. Whether I see Rick or Rebecca there again is not certain (or likely), but it showed a little bit of progress.
I went to lunch with my father today. I wanted to show him my car (which he liked a great deal), and I wanted something to do. After being off for three days, then working one day, having another day off seems so anticlimactic. Tonight I am planning on going for an evening mall crawl at some mall, with or without Cleo.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment