Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not The Timing I Had Planned

As you know, ever since I got my car back from the auto body shop, it has not been quite right. My plan was to go to Pennsylvania in about a week and change and have my uncle join me in helping me pick out a new car. He is a retired car salesman, and knows all the tricks.

Unfortunately, this has to be moved up a bit, and has to be done locally. My engine light popped on this morning as I was heading to go walking.

So tomorrow, I am heading to a Toyota dealership to trade in my car. I have read over some reports from Edmunds, and I have some negotiating tips from my uncle. With this information, my uncle available on a cell phone, and a down payment, I am hoping to be ready for this. I just hope my car doesn't die before I get this done. 

With this economy, a car dealer should be quite ready to make a deal. I am extremely nervous about all this, but it is no longer a matter of waiting. I refuse to put another nickel into this car. It is cleaned out, and is ready for me to say goodbye. I will report in my next entry how it went.

Work went well today, and I am off the next three days; I have no idea if Beth will be joining me on Sunday for Capital Pride. And it doesn't matter.

So if anyone is reading this, wish me luck!

Eric Out

No comments: