At 3:20 today, I picked up a pen at work and wrote the following disjointed ramblings:
I am sitting here in a trance, hoping that the rest of my shift goes by quickly. Today is my seventh day in a row, and I worked two extra hours last night. This means that I was by myself for three hours yesterday evening, then I turned around and was by myself for three hours this morning. It is no big shocker that I say I am very tired.
I was in such a daze this morning that I left without shaving. At this moment I look like a wino. Suffice to say that six o'clock cannot get here fast enough.
I was thinking about going for karaoke tonight, but I don't think I would make it until nine o'clock for it to get started. I am going to bingo tomorrow, though. I haven't been in ages, and it is less pathetic if I am alone and sitting at the bar. It would make Yessi die of shock if she saw me there two nights in a row. When she saw me there last Monday, she was on her night off and beat feet for the door. She can't do that if she is working. This should be interesting to see.
I got the shock of my life yesterday afternoon when I actually had a message from Kari on my cell phone. There is talk of a family get-together this weekend. I'll believe it when I see it.
I have written anything here in a few days, yet I don't have an awful lot to talk about; all I have done is work, and the positive is that I finally got a decent signal back on my XM. I look forward to listening to it as I type this tonight.
I am doing just that. I went for kabobs (what else?) for dinner. I needed some comfort food, and I could have done a lot worse, especially since I went into dinner with 700 calories eaten for the day.
I am trying to plan a little bit so that I have taken care of some expenses before I have to start making car payments. For the most part, that involves magazine subscriptions. I have renewed Out through April of 2013, and I have to do the same for Entertainment Weekly. As anyone who knows me has learned, I really hate messing with their subscription department. But I guess I have to bite the bullet and deal with it.
Julie cooked some Indian food tonight, used too much curry and now the whole house smells like ass. I fear for their bathroom once it gets though Julie. I hope the stench dissipates before long; I can smell it all the way down here.
I am making way too many typos, so I am calling it a night.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment