I had announced to Cleo and Julie that I was planning to go to Pride today, and Julie (who is bisexual) announced "I want to go!" I told her that she was welcome to come along, but she had to agree that we would be leaving at eight o'clock in the morning, and I would be doing my power walking at Tysons before we went.
Cleo also was invited. At first he demurred, but he eventually came with us. The first photo was taken by them while we were on the Metro. We got there (after Cleo and I did three laps) at about eleven, and I posed for the second photo while I was waiting to get my AIDS test (I'm HIV-, thank you so much!), and I think I look a little too happy in it. I wonder why?
We worked our way through the street fair, and I saw only one person I knew (a guy from Freddie's named Sean), and was great until Julie started complaining how hot she was, and all this other nonsense. I could have stayed later, but I was driving, and Julie had something to do at four.
Cleo, of course, took the time to remind me almost every fifteen minutes that he is straight (all the time ogling the men, and photographing them). He took the third photo, since I was so decorated with all of my stuff by then.
One of the stickers I was wearing said "Loved by God". I feel this is true. If God hates the gays so much, then why did we get a day this beautiful for our street fair? Answer me that, Pat Robertson!
After we came home, I went for pizza (I did a ton of walking today, and although I am bigger than I was at this time last year, I looked too skinny then), picked up some new water bottles for work, and then came home.
So my three-day weekend is over now. I leave this weekend with a new car, a little bit of sunburn, and another day off to look forward to on Tuesday. I might go to Freddie's tomorrow night to sing a little. Justin said that if I see Yessi, I should curse her out. I have no intention of doing that. Since I can never go back to work without a great deal of anxiety, wish me luck!
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment