Friday, June 19, 2009

Perez Hilton Is A Disgrace

I am departing from the usual yammering on about myself for a moment to talk about something that has annoyed me since I saw it on Queerty.

According to Queerty, Perez Hilton placed some pictures of Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black engaging in sexual practices without a condom. People are now flipping out, calling Black a hypocrite. After looking at the photos, I think that the blame lies with Hilton, and not with Black.

If Black was in a relationship with this guy (and he said they were dating at some point), then it is only natural for them to have sex. Wake up, world: gay people have sex, just like straight people have sex. I know that in this world people like to have their gays overly sanitized (trying to forget the idea of them actually being sexually active), but let's get real. 

If Black and his partner were interested in making a sex video for their own amusement, then that was their business. But a video like that should be kept private, not being used to make money and make someone look bad after the relationship ends.  

And as for the lack of condoms, we don't know how long they were dating when they made this video, nor do we know the circumstances surrounding their decision to go bareback: if they were monogamous and were both negative, then they could very easily skip the condoms without worry. Regardless, this is something that should have remained private, and not placed online for the world to see. It is not our business to be voyeurs of someone who is not interested in being watched.

I just have to remember that while Justin and I were dating (and yes, readers, he still thinks we're together, and was rather disconcerted over my going out and talking to people on Monday), he wanted to make a video of us together. I said no. This is why.

I never really liked Perez Hilton much to begin with (although he was funny in the second Another Gay Movie), but I like him even less now. I will not be going onto his website anytime soon.

Eric Out.

No comments: