Monday, June 8, 2009

One More Day Off Down The Drain

I really am beating myself up for wasting yet another day off. At least I got my exercise.

I got up and, wanting a change of pace, went to the Bagel Café for breakfast. If bagels weren't so high in calories, I would go there a little more often. Back in February, I reported that I went there for breakfast, and in addition to the bagels, I was treated to the sight of a lot of sausage as well (if you know what I mean). Well, it is now too warm for sweatpants (with or without underwear), but there was a nearly nonstop parade of good-looking men coming in there for breakfast. It's a pity that none of them played for my team.

I went to Tysons for my walking, opting to skip the weights today (I did walk four laps instead of three). I discovered that the weights, in addition to giving my arms something to do, also serve to keep me from swishing so much when I walk. I don't consciously walk like that, but I caught myself in the mirror this morning, and I was mincing more than one does to a clove of garlic. I made no attempt to tone it down. They can deal with it. The other walkers, the security guards and the housekeeping staff know me there, and if anyone attacks me, the attacker will have to answer to them.

I went home, not bothering to go to the movie, and Julie and I decided to go to lunch. I suggested we go to Ruby Tuesday for a salad bar oinkfest, but she was on a time crunch, so we went to Salad Works instead. We went home, and since I am always restless by the afternoon on my days off, I went to Dulles Town Center and pounded out another six laps.

Now, since this basically sounds like one of my typical days off, you are probably thinking I went and had a kabob, either with or without Diane. WRONG! I actually went home and had a sandwich. I did eat some sweets today, but I also kept it cool with the eating yesterday, and I did the extra walking. 

I will be heading for a quick trip to PA in the next couple of weeks to buy a new car. Julie will drop her jaw when she sees me drive up in a new car. My uncle used to sell cars, so he can be the negotiator. 

I am working the next three days, and will be off for the three after that. Let's hope for smooth sailing for those days.

Eric Out.

No comments: